- 5 x 400g tins of diced tomatoes
- 1 can (156ml) of tomato paste(optional)
- 2 x 400g of red kidney beans
- 500g of ground lean beef
- 1 large carrot(finely chopped)
- 1.5 medium red capsicums(peppers)
- 10 small mushrooms
- 1 onion
- 0.5tsp ground chilli(optional)
- 2 teaspoons of paprika
- 2 teaspoons of cumin
- 1.5tsp ground garlic
- 1 tsp of oregano
- 2 jalapeno’s, deseeded and chopped
- Olive oil
- Fresh chopped coriander
- fat free Greek yoghurt
- Marinate the beef mince in ground chilli and garlic
- Spray a large casserole dish over a medium high heat with some olive oil spray.
- Add the mince, onion and garlic and fry until browned.
- Dice the onion and carrot finely and cut the rest of the vegetables into small bite-sized pieces
- Pour all the canned diced tomatoes in a large pot, bring to the boil, add diced carrot and the other veg, then allow to simmer for 30 minutes (remember to stir every 5 minutes)
- Add the rest of the spices, tomato paste, red peppers, jalapenos, and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, add in kidney beans, cover and cook for approx 45 mins until sauce has reduced and thickened.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve topped with a little fat free Greek yoghurt and freshly chopped coriander or in a cauli wrap.