- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Juice of half a lime
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 3medium skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, halved horizontally (about 1 1/2 pounds total)
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1ounce baby arugula or baby spinach (about 1 cup packed)
- ½ red bell pepper, sliced
- ½ yellow bell pepper, sliced
- ½ green bell pepper, sliced
- 1green onion, finely chopped
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, cayenne (if using) and cilantro. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place chicken breast halves between pieces of plastic wrap. Using the flat side of a meat mallet, pound each to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Place chicken cutlets into a large resealable freezer bag and pour marinade over top, making sure they are completely coated. Allow chicken to marinate for a minimum of one hour to overnight.
- Once chicken has marinated, top with arugula, green onions and evenly place 6 bell pepper slices in the middle of the chicken cutlet, roll up and secure with a toothpick. Repeat this step until all the cutlets have been rolled up and place seam side down in a prepared baking dish.
- Brush tops of chicken with remaining marinade and bake, uncovered, at 375 for about 25 to 30 minutes or until the juices run clear. Let stand 5 minutes. Remove the toothpicks. Serve on a bed of green salad and enjoy!