- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayene pepper – optional
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2½ teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 4 chicken drumsticks and/or thighs (about 1 pound total), skin removed, trimmed
- ⅓ cup fine flax meal (can replace with preferably whole-wheat flour if no allergy)
- Heat oven to 475F/gas 8. Use light cooking spray to coat a wire rack and place over an oven tray.
- Mix flax meal, paprika, onion powder and salt in a shallow bowl. Add your oil and mix until thoroughly incorporated. Lightly beat the egg with a fork in another shallow bowl. Dip the prepared chicken pieaces into the egg, then press into the meal mixture until evenly coated on both sides. (Discard any remaining mixture and/or egg.) Place the chicken on the prepared rack.
- Bake until golden about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve with a green salad or maybe Black Bean Butternut Salad