- 1,5 pounds gold potatoes, thinly sliced
- vegetable cooking spray
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 pound butternut squash, diced into 1inch squares
- 2 red onions roughly chopped
- 1-2 dried red chillis thinly sliced
- 0,5 pound baby spinach
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Heat oven to 420/400 fan/gas 6. Lightly grease oven proof dish and spread butternut, onions and chilli flakes evenly, season and cook for 20 mins or until the butternut is tender and the onion is slightly charred.
- Place the spinach in a colander, and pour a kettle of boiling water over the spinach, run through with cold water and squeeze excess water from the spinach.
- Place the cooked butternut mixture and the spinach in the pie dish, sprinkle with the feta cheese.
- Heat the oven to 375 deg.
- Microwave the gold potatoes and 1/4 cup water in a microwave-safe bowl covered with plastic wrap at HIGH 5 minutes.
- Arrange the potato slices on top of the butternut mixture, edges slightly overlapping, until the top is completely covered. Brush the potatoes with the melted butter.
- Bake at 375° for 40 to 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Increase oven temperature to broil, and broil 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with a fresh green salad.