- 1 lb Butternut
- 1 small red Onion
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Juice and zest from 1 Lime
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili powder
- 1 cup cooked Black Beans (drained and rinsed if using canned)
- 1 ripe Avo
- 1/2 cup Cilantro
- 100g fat free Feta Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400˚ F. Peel and chop the butternut cut into 1/4 inch cubes and place on a sheet tray. Chop onion into 1/4 inch pieces and add to the tray. Add 1tablespoon olive oil on top and add 1/4 teaspoon of salt, toss around until the butternut pieces are well coated. Spread into a single layer and roast until the butternut is tender and starting to brown (about 45 minutes).
- Place the 2 tablespoons olive oil in a jar with the lime juice, 1 teaspoon lime zest, minced garlic, and chili powder. Shake well.
- When the butternut is tender and slightly browned, and while the the butternut is still warm place in a bowl. Add your black beans, cilantro, avo and feta cheese. Drizzle with low fat dressing of your choice and toss until the salad is well mixed.